FAQs about EELLSS award
All submissions must be received by June 30th, 2017 24:00 h.
You can submit your project right away.
Please use the submission sheet on our website and include the link to your project (film).
Participation is open to pupils between 14 and 19 years old as individuals or a group or class who live in one of the following countries:
28 Member States of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Turkey.
Adults, e.g. teachers, can supervise the project activities. In addition, the team can and should of course work with adults of all ages and social groups. However, these adults are not members, but partners of the team.
Please prepare the following materials:
- completed submission sheet in English
- the link to your film (uploaded beforehand e.g. on YouTube)
- digital photograph of all team members – please attach a photograph of your project group to the submission sheet. We are curious to see everyone who took part in the project.
We want you use the submission form provided on our website to describe the project and to summarise it in a 2-minute video that you upload on YouTube. The link to your project will have to be included in your submission sheet.
Your project can be only in English.
- The authors are children/adolescents between 14 and 19 years old.
- Your project relates to soil sciences and investigates a soil related problem or challenge.
The best projects will be published on Facebook and awarded in Kassel in October 2017 in the framework of the final conference of the European EELLSS project.
By submitting a project, you accept that EELLSS is entitled to publish the submitted projects on the Internet or in other media also in modified form, and that your data can be electronically processed and published.
All submissions must be in line with European copyright laws. Short quotes may be used if the source is clearly listed. Images, film, sound and other multimedia sources can be used if they were produced by your school, if the author has given his/her explicit consent, or if they are freely accessible sources such as ClipArt.
Your submissions shall contain no statements, facts, information or quotes which are hurtful to or disparaging of individuals or groups. Your submissions shall contain no statements, facts, information or quotes on the basis of which people can be persecuted due to the colour of their skin, their opinions, nationality, gender, profession or conviction. Your submissions shall not encourage others to commit crimes or violate laws.
You can win
- A two-day trip to Kassel in early October 2017 to discover Kassel and to meet European students and EELLS project partners
Up to four representatives per nominated project (students and teachers/supervisors) will be invited to Kassel.
The prize can neither be consumed at a later point in time nor redeemed in cash.
A jury will determine the ten best projects. These ten projects will then be published on our Facebook page, where a public vote will decide on the three best projects. Representatives of the three best projects will be invited to Kassel. Up to four persons per project (students + their teacher/supervisor) will be invited.
The selection of the best projects is a two-step process:
- From among the submissions received complete and in time, a pre-selection of ten projects will be made by an independent jury. The jury will be appointed by the EELLSS project partners. No appeal is admissible against the jury’s decision.
- The ten best projects will be published on the GREEEN / EELLSS Facebook page for the public to cast their vote for the three eventual winners – the number of likes will decide on the winning projects.
We will get in touch with the contact persons of the ten nominated projects in early September 2017. These projects stand a good chance of winning. These projects will be published on our GREEEN / EELLSS Facebook page and the public vote will decide on the three best projects.
The award ceremony will take place in early October 2017 in Kassel.
EELLSS stands for European Experiential Learning Lab on Soil Science and is a 2-year project (01-09-2015 – 31-10-2017) funded by the ERASMUS+ Programme. The EELLSS consortium aims to develop a comprehensive, versatile and extendable approach to integrate soils as a substantial learning field in European school education.
The EELLSS award is organised by the project partnership EELLSS consisting of:
- Landkreis Kassel, Germany
- BUPNET GmbH, Germany
- blinc eG, Germany
- Fontys, Netherlands
- Source International, Italy
- Aizputes Secondary School, Latvia
- Värmdö Gymnasium, Sweden
- METU School, Turkey
- CECE, Spain